Friday, January 1, 2010

An End in Sight

Well, I didn't meet my goal of having Songbird done by the 31st, but I can finally see the end.  I have about a chapter or two left to complete then I can focus on what my goal for 2010 will be.  Every word I've written these past couple weeks has been dragged out of me, to the point that I wasn't sure where the story was even going to go.  But two days ago, I finally felt good about again!

Tomorrow, we head back home from our wonderful Chrsitams vacation and I'm hoping that having my own computer to use again will get me through the last few pages, and I can put Dani, Reece and Colin in the edit pile. :)

On my iPod:

Wheat Kings by The Tragically Hip

7 comments:

  1. The last few chapters sometimes take the longest. Hang in there. You'll get them done before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!!! I'd like to say I'm right there with you, but we ended up spending Christmas in the hospital--everyone is relatively okay, but it put a major cramp in my writing plans. I can't wait to see what you do with Songbird in the rewrites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope things are okay!!!

    I have a few minor things to iron out but overall I'mk really happy with how it's turned out.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouragement! I'm finally traveling home tomorrow so I'll be able to get back into my writing routine!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've sure had my days of what felt like slogging through jello. Good for you for persevering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. :(

    I really need to edit before I send. That's supposed to say 'best of luck to you.'

    TYPOS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL - I'm doing delayed NaNo as well. Besy of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete