Sunday, August 24, 2014

Sunday Sneak Peek and Update on Watch Me (A Touched Trilogy, #3)

The final installment in A Touched Trilogy was originally scheduled for release in the winter of 2013. Then life hit. In a massive way. And Watch Me was put on the back burner. I've been working on and off on other pieces, but Chloe's story just stopped. If you are a writer, you'll understand how a character can become very real to the author, and frankly I wanted to take all of my frustrations out on Chloe. If I had forced myself to work on Watch Me, I probably would have killed off Chloe and made the story Owen or Bianca's.

Needless to say, I didn't think readers would be too impressed with that kind of plot twist. So, I stopped forcing myself. Lately, I've had readers ask if I plan to finish trilogy and the answer is yes. I am working on it now and am about a third done. I am hoping now for an early 2015 release date. To keep myself going, I will start posting Sunday Sneak Peeks. Hopefully, Chloe's voice will keep speaking to me.
 
Sneak Peek - Watch Me (A Touched Trilogy, #3)



“Your sister is turning into a complete drag,” Bianca said, sliding on to the bench across from me.

“Which one?” Nadine asked.

“Phoebe,” I answered before Bianca could say anything. There was no way Bianca would complain about Lily because Lils was just too sweet to be a drag. Phoebe on the other hand could drag anyone down with her if she felt like it. Although, I had a feeling Bianca was thinking more about how boring Phoebe had become. “What’s she doing now?”

“She totally ditched me for Nathan. Again. I wish they’d just do it and then she’d get over it. I mean ever since you told her they were going to and then they didn’t, she’s like waiting for it to happen.” Bianca reached over and grabbed one of the grapes sitting on my tray. “I still can’t believe you told her that. It was awesome.”

That’s what I liked about Bianca. She was friends with both my sister and me, but it was like she fed off the drama between us. Possibly since her own siblings were way to boring for her tastes.

“I don’t get it,” Nadine said, looking between Bianca and I. “Why would she believe you about knowing she and Nathan were going to do it?”

Bianca raised a brow and looked to me. My sisters and I were as far from normal as people got in Beachgrove, California.

My youngest sister by about ten minutes, Lily, was able to heal people with a touch. She wasn’t quite the miracle worker our Uncle Silas was, but she was pretty handy with minor cuts, bruises, and of course Phoebe’s constant teenage angst. Phoebe, the middle triplet was a truth teller. She was still figuring out what that meant, but as far as I could tell, she had a voice in her head telling her when someone was lying. Our nanna called it the gift of discernment. I called it the gift of pain in the ass. As for me, well, I saw the future and, in the words of Nadine, it “totally sucks”.


No comments:

Post a Comment