Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop

Welcome to the Next Big Thing Blog Hop! On this hop we will be hopping our way to various blogs to find out what fellow authors are working on.  At this stop, I will be answering 10 questions on my work in progress. Thank you Jeanne Bannon for tagging me to participate. 


What is the working title of your book? Lie to Me (A Touched Trilogy, Book 1) is in the editing stages and will be out late this year, and I'm also working on Heal Me, book 2 in the trilogy.

Where did the idea come from for the book?
I have no clue. I can't remember when I first thought of it, just that I started writing chapter 1 of Lie to Me, and suddenly by the end of the chapter I figured out it was going to be a trilogy. I tend to be a 'write and see what happens' kind of writer. Even with the trilogy, I have book 2 pretty solidly laid out, but the third book keeps changing in my head.

What genre does your book fall under?
YA Paranormal Romance

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition? 


Phoebe - Naomi Scott from "Terra Nova"
Nathan -Avan Jogia from "Victorious"
Tonya - Zendaya from "Shake it Up"
Trevor - Jacob Artist from "Glee"
Lily - Sophie Turner from "Game of Thrones"
Chloe - Bridget Mendler from "Good Luck Charlie"
Bianca - Hayley Kiyoko from "Lemonade Mouth"
Owen -Jake T. Austin form "Wizards of Waverly Place"

Scott - Shane Harper from "Good Luck Charlie"

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? In lies intention is everything.



Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? Lie to Me will be published through Little Prince Publishing

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?  11 months

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? Hard question, I can't think of anything it compares to, but I'm going to consider that a good thing. :)

Who or What inspired you to write this book?  I was actually inspired by the character of Lily. For me she is the heart of this trilogy. I was going to write her story last, and build up to it, but I realized that I didn't want to wait that long to write her story, so poor Chloe has been bumped to book 3, and I'm debating what to do with her.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?  Phoebe is a bit of a smart ass, and is always getting into trouble through her verbal vomit.


Five authors I'm tagging:
Okay, I admit it. I'm a bit of a slacker :/ I totally spaced on this part of the post, but I am looking for authors I want to tag and will add them in as I find them!


No comments:

Post a Comment