Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Review: From Fame to Shame by Veronica Blade

From Fame to Shame by Veronica Blade
Published: April 2012
Publisher: Crush Publishing Inc
Available: Amazon

Synopsis:

When good-girl Maddie switches places with her famous bad-girl twin Jackie, she has some pretty high stilettos to fill.

Despite the danger of tabloid drama if their identity swap is discovered, Maddie has to save her sister's butt. When Jackie’s ex-boyfriend shows up with a rekindled spark for “Jackie,” his deep gray eyes and sweet kisses make Maddie's heart thumpety thump. But dating the guy who dumped her sister is a no-no. Too bad Dallas isn’t used to girls saying no. What will happen when he discovers Maddie’s deception?

Review:

This is a very short and sweet romance. I hadn't expected it to be so short, and wish that it had been a bit longer, simply because I love a bit more drama in my romances. But this wasn't about drama. It was about falling in love and Blade wrote it perfectly. Love isn't always about drama and being unforgiving. Sometimes, most times love is simply about meeting someone and even when there's a misunderstanding forgiving them.

I had won From Fame to Shame in a giveaway and when I saw how short it was (117 pages) I immediately sat down and started reading. I managed to finish the book in one sitting of maybe an hour. It was fast paced, and definitely kept me interested.

I enjoyed both Maddie and Dallas and the chemistry between them was hot. Blade definitely has the steamy part of romance down pat. Dallas is hot and has a flirty side that comes out with Maddie. Maddie is used to be the more sedate twin, with Jackie being the outgoing and vivacious one, and Blade does a good job of showing how secure Maddie is in herself as the quieter small town girl. But that doesn't make Maddie insecure, and she gives back to Dallas as good as she gets. For me that's what really works in this story. Maddie doesn't doubt herself, she doubts her decisions, and for me that made me respect her.

This book is not for everyone. This is a sweet romance and doesn't try to be anything else.

1 comment:

  1. As a Veronica Blade fan, I have to totally agree that this is a sweet romance that you can read in an evening (I'm a slow, savor-every-word reader). Just a fun book that leaves you happy. Can't wait for the sequel about Jackie!!

    ReplyDelete