Saturday, March 24, 2012

Hunger Games ~ The Movie

Wow! The movie was sooooo much better than I was anticipating. Maybe it's because of the Twilight movies and how I have always gone into them with lower expectations (because really, as much as I love the Twilight series - movies and books - they're not the best quality). Hunger Games on the other hand was much better written and a lot easier to screw up. Thank God that didn't happen.

Everything I wanted and needed to see were included in the movie. The reaping, the arena, the way the Capitol was in control of everything going on in the games, the Peeta/Katniss bread scene was exactly like I had pictured it to be like. About the only thing I was disappointed in was the 'Girl on Fire' outfit. I suppose I was just expecting something a bit more grand than what they created, but of course anything more would have increased the CGI effects and made too much.

For diehards who want and expect everything to be exactly the same, they'll probably get a bit frustrated with some minor changes. The most obvious being the origins of the mockingjay pin. But really the origins of the pin are fairly insignificant in the long run, while it's presence is what is really important.

For anyone who shed a tear while reading the book, I would definitely recommend taking a tissue or two or three. I was crying by the end of the first fifteen minutes, and then on and off again for the rest of the movie.   

No comments:

Post a Comment